Social Media Producer
SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER
MARKETING LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
The Rational Group (the "Group"), a part of the Amaya Gaming Group, is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. This Social Media Producer role is in the Group's London service office, in the Marketing department.
Halfords Media, the collective for PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, BetStars and PokerStars Casino is seeking an experienced 'Social Media Producer' with a vast knowledge of the social media landscape. You will be a 'social native' who has their finger on the pulse of the latest creative trends on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, You Tube or Twitter to name a few. You'll think like a publisher and be able to iterate our Brands Social Playbook and Brand Social Identity guidelines on a daily basis, being able to research, create, produce and edit your own "thumb stopping" short-form content. Working to a 'planned' and 'planned re-active' schedule your storytelling ability will be your strongest trait, ensuring our content has the ability to cut through the noise of social media and rival the very best the internet has to offer.
Candidates must have previous work experience that demonstrates and proves the skills essential for success in social media and content creation, with an understanding of not just the creative but the audience behaviors associated with the many nuanced social channels. You might have previously worked agency side, within a brand team, or perhaps have a background in blogging or journalism, you'll have a passion for creating content. You must possess a strong work ethic, positive workplace approach, work well with others and adept in a quickly changing production environment. An interest in the game of Poker is of benefit but not necessary.
Reporting to the Senior Group Preditor, the role will assist in empowering creative development and execution of social content for PokerStars, the worlds largest poker site. The role is responsible for assisting in driving Social content creation across the poker vertical, keeping on top of latest industry developments & technologies ensuring consistant creative standards are met.
The role will work closely with a range of internal stakeholders to improve content output creating a 'social first' publishing mentality.
- Researching, planning, and developing short-form and shorter-than-short-form stories for social. This could include moving image, photography, graphics and written word. (You'll have natural strength in two of these)
- Creating returnable content formats and features that help to build audience loyalty and repeat viewing.
- Localisation of content for key markets
- Helping to handle critical deadlines and short turnarounds in a fast-paced 'social newsroom' environment
- Interact collaboratively and take direction from a Managing Editor / Editorial Director and Data Scientist, as well as working independently.
- Basic editing, implementing motion graphic templates, colouring and mixing, and delivering per specifications with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Procuring, managing and archiving assets from various touch points around the business
- Writing scripts, headlines for videos
- Developing micro-formats for news, features, how-to,videos
- Working with influencers on the co-creation of content (bloggers. Instagramers, Youtubers, twitches etc)
- Troubleshoot technical issues in the facility and solve them in a time-critical manner.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience at a major digital publisher, agency or applicable business (preference will be given to those with publisher / digital media experience).
- A demonstrated skill for brand storytelling, where brand message has to be carried alongside the demands of an audience first approach
- Experience of managing a small team and helping lead creative thinking and overcome internal roadblocks
- An eye for design (photography and moving image) and ability to spot trends in social media and leverage insights.
- Ability to think laterally around archive content and how it can re-purposed and re-cut to make it relevant and compelling to a new audience.
- Experience of editing video for social content, capable of quick turn-arounds, with multiple projects on your plate at any given moment.
- Ability to identify, vet and pitch compelling original and topical content for social distribution.
- Sharp writer with a knack for humour and an ability to effectively communicate story, character, and context through on-screen text.
- Focused, organised with great attention to detail.
- Ability to shoot and edit your own material (either photography or moving image)Demonstrated experience with current post production and graphics software including a combination of Adobe Creative Suite, (Adobe Premiere CC 2015, After Effects, Photoshop), Media Encoder and DaVinci Resolve with ability to learn new software proficiency quickly.
- Experience of using 'pro-sumer' apps and tools to create social first content (Boomerang, Cinemagraph Pro, Legend, Gifboom, Hyperlapse, Squareready)
- Working knowledge of integrating motion graphics and optimising videos for social distribution.
- Knowledge of the game of poker and content produced by PokerStars
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion