Receptionist and Pupillage Administrator
Position- Receptionist and Pupillage Administrator
Benefits and hours of work- Salary of up to 30k with the following hours- 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Reporting into- The Assistant Chambers Manager
An exciting opportunity has just arisen for a commercial Barristers firm in the heart of the legal district! The company is looking for a Receptionist who is polite, professional, highly organised and able to assist with Pupillage Administration. As the Receptionist and Pupillage Administrator you will be responsible for handling clients with excellence, assisting with day to day duties, preparing conference facilities and being involved with the organisation and administration of the pupillage cycle. If you think you have all the right skills for the role then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Key responsibilities and requirements for the role include:
- Running and maintaining the reception and front of house at all times between the hours of 8.30am and 5.30pm and ensuring the service meets the needs of the visitors
- Must also be able to organise and administer the pupillage cycle including timetabling mini pupillage work experience. Manage applications for pupillage via 'Pupillage Gateway' including the planning of the Assessment Day. Ensuring that any successful pupils submit necessary paperwork in accordance with the Bar Standards Board throughout the year
- Confident in dealing with telephone enquiries-answering, logging, taking messages for incoming calls and connecting them with barristers and other staff
- Assist with general mailing preparation, arranging travel for clerks and members of chambers and other day to day administration
- Maintaining the Mitel software system and managing the reception console
- Assisting with the preparation of in house events and conferences, including preparing rooms and assisting the catering assistant in the smooth delivery lunches, refreshments and receptions
- Overall day to day running of the staff catering including replenishing and maintaining stocks, equipment preparation and maintaining high levels of hygiene in kitchen areas
- Maintaining a constant stock of consumables, groceries, stationary, office supplies and regular communication with the Assistant Chambers Manager to place orders
Please note as part of this role you will be required to work two Saturdays and one weekend to cover pupillage events. You will also be trained in first aid.
Our client is looking for someone to start straight away so please apply straight away!