Maintenance Apprentice, Construction
Threeways and Devonshire Nursing Homes are looking to recruit a versatile dedicated and honest person to help with tasks needed to ensure continual running of these premises. You will be split between Eastbourne and Seaford homes, as well as attending Sussex Downs College one day per week, at the Eastbourne.
The purpose of the role is to assist Home Services Manager and Maintenance man in day to day completion of jobs and reports carried out at our two Nursing Homes.
The key tasks will include:
- Assist with completion of jobs required to maintain smooth running of two premises.
- Assist with reports required by governing bodies.
- Any other tasks as directed by Home Services Manager.
- Small works around Plumbing, Electrics and Decorating and also completing paperwork reports.
Working week Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 37.5 hours (some overtime may be required at an enhanced rate).
Weekly wage GBP187.50
Expected apprenticeship duration 24 month
The essential skills for the role include:
- Excellent communication
- A thirst for knowledge
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to work in a team
- Common sense.
- Some understanding of a trade would be beneficial but not a necessity.
- The person we are looking for is someone that can thrive in a busy stressful environment and can multi-task. You will be willing to work across two sites: Eastbourne and Seaford.
There are no essential qualifications for the role but it is expected that applicants are educated to a good standard. Before being signed up to the successful applicant must undertake initial assessments in Maths and English.
Future prospects Although this position is for an Apprentice there is every chance this will lead to a permanent position once qualified.