Apprentice Chef, Hospitality, Food Production and Cooking
Interested in beginning a career as a Chef? The View at Seaford Head has an exciting opportunity to join its team as an Apprentice Chef. This position is ideal for a candidate who has an understanding of what is required to work in a kitchen and is now looking to begin their career and work towards an NVQ in Food Production and Cooking.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the operation of the kitchen services and catering facilities whilst undertaking an apprenticeship qualification/s.
The key tasks will include:
- Following different procedures for food preparation.
- Ensuring food supplies are stored correctly and used resourcefully.
- Following recipes during food preparation and cooking.
- Ensuring kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Arranging food items on serving plates.
- Preparing ingredients for dishes.
- Preparing appetisers, salads, stocks, sauces, soups and other food.
- Assisting in operating cooking equipment such as ovens, fryers, stoves and cookers.
- Adhering to hygiene protocols.
- Adhering to food presentation standards.
- Storing leftover food correctly.
- Assisting in stock rotation and food inventory checking.
- Checking food delivery status.
- Other suitable tasks in line with the job role, as requested by the senior member of staff on duty.
- Working week 37 hours per week, primarily worked Monday to Friday however may include some weekend and evening function working.
Weekly wage GBP148.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 04 Sep 2017
The essential skills for the role include:
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good verbal communication skills
- Impeccable hand to eye co-ordination
- Methodical worker; calm under pressure
- A full UK driving licence is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team and happy to follow instructions from senior staff
- Thrives working in a high pressure environment
- Positive outlook
- Comfortable communicating with others and asking questions
- Passion for food production and delivery
- Eagerness to begin and progress a career as a chef
- Creativity to make suggestions regarding the kitchen/food to the rest of the team
- Impeccable levels of personal hygiene and hygiene in the workplace
There are no essential qualifications for the role however you will be required to undertake initial assessments in Maths and English before beginning the apprenticeship.
A Food & Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
Future prospects The role of Apprentice Chef will be a key addition to the kitchen team at The View; The View has a four-person Chef team; Head Chef, Chef de Partie, Chef and an Apprentice Chef. The View is looking for an individual who is seeking a role they can commit to, learn on the job and from their experienced colleagues, and with the aspiration to continue to develop and grow with the business.
Things to consider
Wages Year 1: First six months: GBP4.00ph Second six months: GBP4.50ph Year 2: National minimum wage for age
The View offers a competitive rate of pay for this apprenticeship position; one which is enhanced by the generous employee benefits on offer, including a staff discount. In return for an enthusiastic and loyal apprentice, The View as the employer will meet the costs of training, provide support and assistance to the trainee at all times, offer generous staff benefits and give a warm and welcoming team to join and develop with.