This role will oversee the day to day running of all Hansen UK entities as well as greater management of Hansen Corporation Europe Limited, Hansen Billing Solutions Limited and Hansen Holdings Europe Limited. Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller for EMEA and having one direct report, this role will suit a finance all-rounder with a minimum of five years professional experience. As we are a multinational business, the successful applicant will work closely with the UK Account Managers and global finance teams, and have some interaction with our head office in Melbourne, Australia.
- Oversee all accounting operations including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and the general ledger.
- Prepare draft monthly financial reports for review by the RFC on a timely basis.
- Ensure monthly control accounts for all entities are maintained.
- Manage finance departmental staff of a daily basis.
- Assist RFC in ensuring income recognition policies are adhered to.
- Control the fixed asset register.
- Prepare and file VAT returns.
- Ensure the monthly payroll is run effectively with our outsourced provider, this includes ex pat calculations.
- Assist RFC where necessary in annual budgeting and weekly cashflow forecasting.
- Raise bank payments for sign off and carry out treasury tasks.
- Assist external auditors during the audit process and statutory accounts preparation.
Key Skills & Attributes
- A professional finance qualification such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA or relevant experience.
- Preparation of accounts in both UK GAAP and IFRS.
- The ability to manage effectively an accounts assistant.
- Demonstrated experience in improving financial systems and processes, with the ability to question existing procedures.
- Prior experience of dealing with auditors.
- A decent level of UK tax knowledge.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month end close processes and working to tight timetables.
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills when communicating with external and internal stakeholders, (i.e. Customers, Account Managers, Finance, Human Resources etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains would be advantageous.