Stock Accountant - 12mth Contract
Our client is a luxury brand and due to an exciting project due to take off. Our client requires an experienced Stock Accountant for a 12 month contract. This position reports to the Financial Controller and will work closely with other members of the Finance team, Retail Operations, Loss Prevention, and the store teams.
You will be responsible for the accuracy of store inventory data. Ensure the correctness of inventory cost, as well as the integrity of physical inventory processes both between warehouse and stores and within stores. You will be a business partner to several areas of the business. Identify and implement improvements to store processes and internal controls in this area as the Inventory Control Manager.
Quarterly travel is required within Europe.
Your role in a snapshot;
• Monitor shipments between store warehouse and store store.
• Review adjustment requests and submit for processing.
• Clear open and dummy inventory items.
• Monitor store loss and damages movements and follow up on material items.
• Review results and provide analysis for senior management.
• Alert the retail teams on significant variances and make necessary adjustments where required
• Creation of promotional codes as requested by Marketing
• Test new promotion codes before roll out
• Upload promotional events
• Upload price changes for stores as requested by merchandising teams
• Review inventory processes are being followed in store as outlined
• Validate and update CS2000 for any barcode error reported by stores
• Creation of new location codes in CS2000 as requested by Business Development team
• Reconcile CS2000 to SAP
• Review month end journals for Elimination of profit margins, Shrink provisions, Adjustment reclass, Capitalized FX variances
• Review Inventory dashboard, analyse and provide commentary on KPIs by store.
• Hold monthly meetings with area managers/senior management from each region to review the dashboard
• Monthly review of manual overrides and prepare report for key stakeholders
• Review and perform balance sheet reconciliations
• Recommend adjustments to shrink provisions to Finance Controller
• Manage inventory related external and internal audit queries
• Work with Retail Operations to manage stock count process. Investigate material discrepancies and refer to Loss Prevention as necessary
• Ensure formal and timely sign off of results by Financial Controller.
What do you need?
• Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• At least 3 years' relevant experience in a multi-store retail business
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated, flexible and performance-oriented; able to work independently under time pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability and willingness to see beyond the immediate remit of the role to drive team success.
• Tenacity and stamina consistently to drive process improvements that withstand pressure
• Advanced Excel skills
• European language skills are an advantage