Business Analyst - Up to 80kp/a + Bonus + Benefits
The Treasury Data Sourcing Team within Data Chief Information Office (CIO) and servicing Finance and Treasury is looking for a Functional Analyst to join the Data Sourcing team.
Your role is to bridge the gap between the client's requirements and the technical delivery team and help to successfully deliver projects within this diverse and challenging space.
- Creating Functional Requirements, creating the User Stories based on these requirements and obtaining sign-off
- Providing Functional expertise in design of the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process for onboarding of new feeds into the data warehouse
- Analysing the data requirements working with upstream providers and end consumers to define the scope of work required
- Ensuring the creation of supporting documentation e.g. Terms of Reference
- Liaising with programme / project managers, clients, and other stakeholders as appropriate as the business/functional counterpart for solution identification
- Liaising with Data Architecture team to ensure correct sourcing approach and ability to map to the logical data model
- Working with the development teams to ensure correct understanding of requirements, and then owning the delivery end to end
- Defining testing requirements together with the Quality Assurance (QA) & Testing Team as well as the clients
- Supporting the design and conceptualisation of new business solution options and articulates identified impacts and risks
- Working with Business Analysis Specialists/Managers to ensure consistent implementation of processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience of ETL processes and tools
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving experience will be required when dealing with multiple end users
- Previous experience in Business Analysis and Financial Services
- Proven Management experience and ability to lead and coach
- Maturity and persuasiveness to engage in business dialogue and support stakeholders
- Ability to write complex Structured Query Language (SQL) queries
- Good experience of diagramming processes/data flows
- Educated to Bachelor's Degree level or equivalent qualification / work experience with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science
- Actively supports the Chief Operating Office (COO) strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact