Our client is looking for an experienced Laundry Supervisor to join their operations team, based at their Hub in Chessington.
The suitable candidate should have previous experience working in a professional laundry, be reliable, a hard worker, able to work on their own unsupervised and be a team player.
Your main duties will consist of supervising the laundry staff, washing & ironing linens and other items as required, to sort & check incoming linens and ensure correct packing of outgoing linens. You may, on rare occasions, be asked to deliver laundry to various locations, therefore you will need to hold a valid UK driving licence.
The position will demand approx. 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (on occasion some flexibility may be required to work on a Saturday, advance notice will be given).
Salary: NEG, according to experience
21 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Company pension scheme
The ideal candidate will:
• Have knowledge of Health & Safety practices and procedures, i.e. familiar with COSHH and PPE training.
• Supervise Laundry team in daily tasks, making sure they use correct equipment and laundry products; ensuring that incoming linens are sorted correctly and outgoing linens are packed according to strict guidelines
• Maintaining the highest standards with regards to the linens leaving the Laundry for their apartments.
• Manage the relationships with their external clients and their Housekeeping Teams.
• Check for deep stains and separate linens that will need special attention or discarding.
• Remove any damaged or unusable linens to the specific area supplied.
• Generally have a clear knowledge of the machines and how they operate.
• Knowledge of the temperatures required for different load types and the understanding of acceptable load amounts for the machines.
• Differentiating between loads for duvets/pillows and loads for flat work.
• Understand the use of the products used and comply at all times with the rules regarding health and safety issues that are shown during training.
• Ordering of chemicals and detergents and ensuring they are stored according to specific instructions and ensure they are used as per the training provided.
• An understanding of how to empty filters on the dryers and the simple tasks that make the everyday running of the machines efficient.
• Loading the machines: these should not be overloaded and room for the linens to circulate needs to be considered.
• Loading and unloading the dryers: there is a system in place outlining in strict order which things need to be addressed, this system needs to be observed at all times.
• The ability to count and pack linens for distribution, either for their in-house supplies or outside contracts.
• When using the industrial iron an awareness of the time it takes to heat up and cool down should be noted & care should be taken at all times using this equipment.
• Full training will be given regarding health & safety and the systems in place to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the laundry, you must follow health & safety guidelines at all times.
• Hold a valid UK driving licence
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications they receive they are unable to respond to every unsuccessful candidate, therefore if you do not hear from them within 7 days of your application please be aware that in this instance they have chosen not to pursue your application for this position.
Our client does not discriminate on grounds of Age, Disability, Gender Assignment, Marriage and civil partnership, Pregnancy and maternity, Race, Religion, Creed and belief, Sex, Sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation.
Salary: Negotiable, Depending on Experience
When applying please apply online with your CV by completing the additional questions page that you will be redirected to. This will improve your chances of your application being successful.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.