IT Software, Web and Telcoms, Level 2, Intermediate Apprenticeship/Tra
Lewes Old Grammar School, in Lewes, East Sussex require for September 2017 an aspiring IT Technician to join the Operations Department to provide first-line service support to staff and pupils. You should have excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to react positively to situations as they arise whilst retaining a sense of fun.
The purpose of the role is to provide first-line service and technical support to staff and pupils as part of the school's IT team. The key tasks include:
- Assisting pupils and staff with first-line technical support issues
- ICT support tasks as directed by the Senior IT Technician and/or IT Manager
- User account administration
- Classroom technical support and assistance
- Daily checking and maintenance of ICT classroom and laptop trolleys
- Printer and photocopier toner/ink cartridge replacement as required
- Periodically checking the photocopiers and reporting issues accordingly
- Installation and maintenance of computer hardware and peripherals
- Periodic hardware audits as directed by the IT Manager Daily checks around school site to identify potential technical support issues
- Assisting with audio-visual setups for assemblies and calendared after-school events
- Ensure compliance with data protection, security and safe guarding at all time
- Other duties as directed by the IT Manager Desired skills
The essential skills for the role include:
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathy for pupils, parents, staff and the community
- Committed to continual personal and professional development
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively
We are looking for a positive and proactive individual. We are a friendly school and we are looking forward to supporting someone starting out in their career. Flexibility, initiative and passion for problem solving are key.
This position is part of a small and busy team. Working in a school requires a good sense of humour and a willingness to help others. Attitude is everything.
It is essential to have GCSEs grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent.
An ICT BTEC or GCSE is desirable.
Future prospects This role would likely progress to that of senior IT technician across the whole school.
Things to consider Are you willing to be subject to an enhanced DBS check?