Senior HR Business Partner, Risk - London
As the Senior HR Business Partner for Risk, you will be responsible for the delivery of the strategic people agenda within the Risk Division. Whilst working collaboratively with the wider HR function and the bank your role will entail identifying and delivering initiatives, ensuring a seamless colleague/customer experience. You will work alongside Senior Stakeholders in Risk ensuring the strategic people agenda is shaped and consistent with other retail and wider bank areas.
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn't happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond - every day.
This is an exciting opportunity as the area of the business is continuously growing and changing, providing a great opportunity to be involved with the change projects, managing a diverse group of stakeholders and gaining a strong perspective of the diverse nature of the bank.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Building, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both in HR and the business to understand current HR priorities and associated risks.
- Engaging with appropriate business and functional stakeholders to make recommendations on specialist interventions. You will also manage relevant Director Relationships, coaching, guiding and advising when required.
- Proactively considering forward planning activities, having a clear view and understanding of wider/external changes that may impact the business, providing advice and guidance as needed, with strong external knowledge to ensure that the bank is future proof with a focus on Future of work activity
- Develop relationship with senior union officials on specific programmes, ensuring a positive relationship is built and maintained while actively contributing within forums
- Work collaboratively with other HR AOE teams to ensure that the right solutions are delivered for both colleagues and Business stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with Talent Management to ensure seamless delivery of talent solutions to senior stakeholders, also you will be guiding and advising the Senior UK Leadership population on people related matters and technical HR related activity.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Proven Senior HBRP experience, CIPD qualified or working towards
- Previous exposure with Central Functions such as finance, HR, Global Corporate Banking, investment bank
- Possess a distinct strategic perspective in order to influence Director leads and ExCo colleagues with demonstrable experience leading a people agenda
- Diverse experience in project management with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Experienced in direct or matrix structure line management
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- GBP6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as childcare vouchers, voluntary life assurance and critical illness coverBuy an all-inclusive (just add fuel) brand new car through our salary sacrifice car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be rewarded for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Sharematch plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
With over 150 years of experience, we've built a strong, international presence, with more branches worldwide than any other bank. Dedicated to making things simple, personal and fair for our customers, our aim is to become the best bank in the UK, and we know we can't make it happen without our people. That's why we promote an environment where everyone counts. With us, you'll be encouraged to develop both professionally and personally, and by listening to your unique perspective, and turning your ideas into action, we'll grow along with you.
We are committed to being fully inclusive and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Through our partnerships and employee led networks we seek to empower everyone to develop their full potential. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We are proud to have been listed as one of the Top 30 Employers for Working Families and accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
In order to help you achieve a reasonable balance between your home and working life we support you in meeting your commitments outside of work and offer a range of flexible work options, including part-time working, job sharing, career breaks and flexible holiday options. We also support you to make a difference in your local community with volunteering and fundraising schemes.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.