Senior Analyst Developer (SQL Developer, Java, .NET, MDM)
My client is seeking a Senior Analyst Programmer with a key focus on SQL Development with good programming skills: Java, .NET with a good understanding of MDM and ETL tools. As well as an understanding of the Investment Management industry, business processes and the context of customer requirements, with particular emphasis on the Front Office. Knowledge of order management software and systems. Exposure to the Charles River Investment Management System would be particularly advantageous
- The Senior Analyst/Programmer is responsible for the design and development of technology solutions collaboratively with their scrum team and business stakeholders, contributing and adhering to a cohesive and appropriate technical architecture, and championing and contributing to the development practices and standards where applicable. Whilst the primary focus will be on the Front Office they will also contribute to other business areas as required.
- The Senior Analyst/Programmer should assist in setting the overall technical direction of their respective technology areas in collaboration with their Team Lead as well as the Head of Core Technology and Senior Technology Team as appropriate.
- In addition, the Senior Analyst/Programmer will be expected to contribute to the patterns and practices of the broader group as appropriate, mentoring and guiding others and championing quality.
- Responsibilities include:
- Contributing as a hands-on developer as required on key projects and BAU initiatives. This incorporates leading Proofs of Concept (POCs), working with internal and external resources to evaluate technical solutions and performing quality assurance on projects including areas of estimation, architecture, design and development. Contribute to discussions on future state of system architecture and the gaps between current- and future-state architecture
- Driving solution design and delivery with Managers and Team-Leads, ensuring that designs adhere to Technology strategic systems- and data architecture standards and principles
- Designing solutions with an emphasis on quality and a clear approach to support, maintenance, automated testing and deployment
- Challenging convention when applicable with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Driving best-practice delivery of design and code reviews within the team & broader group
- Interacting with business stakeholders as appropriate to understand requirements, conduct analysis and ensure continuity of existing relationships.
- Actively liaising with application and desktop support teams to provide pre- and post-implementation support
- Playing a leading, proactive role in scrum team activities including estimation, prioritisation, stand-ups, show-and-tells and retrospectives
- Identifying opportunities to improve developer skills and process, pair with other developers to build out knowledge and expertise in order to improve system quality
- Following, contributing to and championing development standards and practices as applicable
- Liaising with and contributing to the Technical Excellence Group as appropriate to facilitate consistency and continuous improvement
- Mentoring junior team members and actively encouraging them to collaborate with and contribute to the broader team
- An understanding of the Investment Management industry, business processes and the context of customer requirements, with particular emphasis on the Front Office.
- Strong database design, development and optimisation experience with an enterprise RDBMS, preferably one of, or both, SQL Server and/or Oracle
- The ability to assimilate business requirements, express them as user stories and acceptance criteria and realise them in technical design form.
- Proven track record in middle tier service design and development in one of but ideally both .NET and Java
- Good understanding and experience of ETL/EDM tools and middleware
- Experience designing, building and deploying user interfaces, targeting both user desktop and browser-based clients
- Enterprise, solution and software design experience using industry standard techniques, patterns and tools
- Strong business engagement & analysis skills
- An understanding of data management concepts, as well as a keen interest in architectural relationships between systems and data transformation and flow between them.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal- and written form. The ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely and to adapt communication style and detail as appropriate for the audience.
- Knowledge of order management software and systems. Exposure to the Charles River Investment Management System would be particularly advantageous
- Track record in a senior technical role within an Agile based working environment
If you feel like you are right for this role please conact me on or via email