Audit Manager, Operational Resilience
Through our brands, Lloyds Banking Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to create a thriving UK economy.
There couldn't be a better time to join us, as we work to become the best bank for customers and to build an exciting future for our people.
Our Group Audit function has a top quality team of skilled and experienced colleagues, trusted by our stakeholders, challenging and educating the business. An opportunity has arisen for an Audit Manager within our Operational Resilience Servicing Audit team which provides assurance over the Group's largest division, Group Operations. Group Operations at the heart of the Group's strategy - home to c.36,000 colleagues supporting over 30m customers across a range of services from account opening to complex trade transactions.
In this role, you'll be able to make a real difference and influence at the very highest level.
- You will deliver audits of varying scale across the Group. You will plan and execute audit coverage focused on key risks and provision of risk based assurance. You will also support and contribute to the wider audit team's activities to support the department in "becoming our best". Successful candidates will be experienced auditors with:
- An organised and disciplined approach to prioritising of tasks.
- A good understanding of operational and strategic challenges and responses to managing key risks within a business and the ability to determine whether operational processes are 'doing the right thing' for customers.
- Some experience of observing, analysing and making connections between strategies, objectives and risks to an organisation and the ability to communicate risk based, assurance and recommendations for continuous improvement based on your findings.
The top 4 skills you need to demonstrate:
- Influence - ability to influence all stakeholders on things that really matter to their business. In doing so, we expect impeccable judgement considering costs and risks of decisions
- Customer excellence - everyone within the Group puts customers at the heart of what they do - do you?
- Project Management - demonstrate strong disciplines and deliver audits when we say we are going to and to desired quality. You demonstrate excellent analytical, presentational, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Leadership - We leave people feeling happy and enthused. Do you? You will embrace change, lead our people through change and execute change to make the Group a better place for colleagues and customers.
In addition to the salary range quoted, this role offers a performance-related bonus, car allowance, private health cover, share schemes and a generous pension contribution along with the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of industry leading benefits.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our commitment to your ongoing personal and professional development. As a valued member of our team, there is the additional benefit of working with a highly motivated team of skilled and experienced specialists, and in the supportive structure of LBG Group Audit, where career development is a high priority.