Residential Child Care Worker
Salary: GBP17,772-GBP23,398 per annum, plus weekend working and sleep in allowances.
Based in Cuckfield, West Sussex
37 hours per week
Closing Date: 16th August 2017
Interview Date: 24th August 2017
Please note that this position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that all care staff must be at least 21 years old. No person can work in a children's home unless they are at least 3 years older than the oldest child accommodated.
Rated 'Good' by Ofsted, Orchard House is a fifteen bedded mixed gender unit which offers care and accommodation for children who have a severe learning disability, normally from the age of 10 to 18 years, who have been assessed as needing a residential placement. An individual approach is taken in which our services adapt to meet the needs and wishes of the child and family.
You will be joining an experienced team of trained residential care staff, all of whom have extensive knowledge of the problems young people, particularly those who have disabilities, can face in modern life.
- Maintain a nurturing, positive and safe living environment within the unit.
- Participate in the development of care plans for individual Children and Young People.
- Carry out regular observations and assessments of the Children and Young People.
- Work on a rota basis and undertake weekend working and sleeping in duties as required.
- Periodic requirement for lifting and carrying, pushing or pulling items of moderate weight.
- Use initiative to independently respond to unexpected problems or situations.
Ideally applicants will:-
• have experience of working with or caring for children and/or young people
• have excellent people skills.
• be able to develop and maintain good working relationships
• be able to demonstrate positive personal authority.
• have great communication skills.
• have a willingness to undertake additional Qualifications (Level 3 Diploma CYPW)
and further training provided. For the higher salary you will already have achieved
Visits to Orchard House are welcome. If you would like to arrange a visit or find out more about this exciting role then please call Sue Wadey on 01444-454226
In order to apply please select the 'apply for job' button
Where you are submitting a CV as your application, the following information is mandatory: All employment and precise dates must be included. (Any gaps must be explained if you are selected for interview) For posts working with Children, the name and contact information for referees must cover a period of at least 5 years and include your current and most recent employer.