Content Marketing Executive
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Managed Services and University Partnerships, Higher Education UK, Online Programme Management
Summary of role:
The Content Marketing Executive is responsible for planning and executing engaging content marketing activities in the UK and internationally. This position is the main content marketing contact for internal and external stakeholders. The core responsibility is to plan and execute integrated multi??channel content marketing to support the lead generation activity for our online programmes. This is a Business ??to ??Customer (B2C) marketing role that requires an individual who has proven experience in stakeholder management and the planning and execution of multi??channel, results driven content marketing campaigns.
The Content Marketing Executive works in a matrix structure across a number of internal functions including research, recruitment, student services and academic partnerships. This role must also successfully partner with external stakeholders as well as agencies and third party suppliers. Reporting to the Partnership Marketing Manager, this position manages the development and execution of all elements of the partner specific content plan, including research, copy writing, asset production, evaluation and analysis.
We are a new and dynamic team, often exploring new angles to stay at the forefront of Higher Education marketing. We might ask candidates to try things new to them, so we don't expect them to have all the answers. We are looking for people who are willing to learn and keen to challenge themselves.
We offer a very supportive environment, with dedicated colleagues and a good team spirit. As a business unit, we are a new venture within a larger company, so there is a dynamic start-up feel to everything we do. We are looking for someone who brings new ideas to the table and sees this role as an opportunity to help define our future.
The Content Marketing Executive is responsible for creating, distributing, promoting and coordinating all programme content for our partners. The position will need to create rich, compelling, innovative and integrated content that brings online learning to life. This role is also responsible for ensuring that all content created is in line with our partner's brand standards. The Content Marketing Executive should have the ability to leverage content from numerous sources and repackage it as engaging and persuasive online marketing copy across several lead generation, conversion and retention stages.
- Develop messaging aligned with targeted audiences, personas and the student journey
- Collate, develop, coordinate, distribute and promote a cohesive and high-quality suite of on and off-line content to generate an increased volume of quality leads, and to drive awareness, engagement and brand preference across various marketing vehicles including web, social media, events, print, and email
- Ensure all content created follows the overall brand strategy through consistent messaging and design
- Create engaging content across all key content types, this includes copywriting, video production and the creation of design assets such as info graphics
- Create and manage a content development plan based on the partner's style guidelines, standards and requirements:
- Has to include guidelines for social media, CRM and media rich content
- Has to include the content requirements for all marketing campaigns
- Has to include content needs of other internal departments
- Facilitate data collection and content generation by liaising with internal teams, partner organisations, stakeholders and other organisations in order to maximise reach and influence
- Maintain and develop a central content database accurately inputting fresh content as necessary
- Develop a content marketing framework that can be rolled out across university partnerships and programmes
- Demonstrate the organisation core values (winning, innovation, solutions, ownership) in daily activities
- Keep up-to-date industry best practices and share solutions with team
- Develop new and innovative methods for cost-effectively reaching audiences, improving media effectiveness, enhancing positioning, executing on strategy
- Contribute to the departmental effectiveness by making suggestion for process and output improvement based on experience, observation and data collection
Office-based at our London (80 Strand) or Harlow office, with occasional travel to other Pearson offices. This role requires up to 10% UK travel.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, or other professional marketing qualification
- 3 years of experience in content marketing, including experience in copy writing, video production, creation of design assets
- Higher education and student recruitment marketing experience desirable, but not essential
- Good working knowledge of a variety of content marketing channels and platforms, including social media, email marketing, CRM and CMS systems
- Proficient in MS Office, with a special emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Outstanding project/time management and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to engage in productive innovation development, bringing new solutions to challenges
- Ability to analyse and work with numbers (analytics, budgets), particularly as it relates to direct response reporting and analysis
- Ability to engage in strategic/account planning and develop and apply in-depth product knowledge
- Eagerness to learn, willingness to develop, desire to support team, department and organizational development
- Strong team player with excellent and proven inter-personnel skills
- Willing to work extended hours when required
- Ability to anticipate and provide prompt resolution on issues
- Ability to operate in fast-pace environment and manage a number of campaigns simultaneously
- Proactive, solutions oriented and focused on business objectives
- Focused on quality and delivery of results
- Ability to develop efficient and effective communication strategies for engaging internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail and administration
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to develop strong cross-functional working relationships
- High level of professional business acumen