Support Worker, Supported Living
- You will help support vulnerable adults to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required
- Helping, encouraging, supporting and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Helping the people to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with their day to day travel arrangements and holidays as required
As a supported living unit, we would like someone who:
- Enjoys supporting vulnerable adults in-house and out in the community
- Creative, someone who would use his/ her own initiative to organise engaging activities for the service user
- Calm under pressure, Patient and can handle challenging behaviour
- Empathetic and encouraging to promote independence
- Reliable and honest
- Opportunity to be a permanent staff
- access to qualifications, career development
- flexible working hours and generous holiday entitlement
- pay that is regularly bench-marked against local market rates
- Staff Benefits:
- 30 days' annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days
- pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution
- discounts and cash-back on high street and online shopping through Rewarding Dimensions
- And More
If you are interested to apply for this role, send a copy of your updated CV and contact Charm on or apply to this job advert.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.