Business Development Manager - Foodserivce, 45k + bonus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a major player within the Food Service sector. This is a newly created role, therefore as the Business Development Manager you will be instrumental in the growth and success of this role. You will be an already experienced Business Development Manager who can demonstrate a passion for the food industry, be motivated to gain new business and develop strong, lasting relationships. As Business Development Manager, you will have a foodservice background and will have a desire to succeed. You will thrive on the "hunting" aspect of the role, however the Business Development Manager must be able to fulfil a full end to end sales cycle including contract implementation.
You will be responsible for generating new revenue from new independent foodservice customers across the London geography such as independent restaurants, hotels and caterers. It is important therefore that you have previous experience working within the food industry, either as a Business Development Manager within Food, or as a chef who has turned to sales. The role will be covering the London area, however the role is classed as home based. In this autonomous role you will manage your diary, meetings and visits accordingly, and visit our head office in central London when required for meetings.
- Identify new sales opportunities, to achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit.
- To build and maintain a new business prospect list aligned to our business growth strategy
- To actively convert prospect customers into active realistic pipeline opportunities
- Identify key decision makers and influencers within a prospect customer and build long term supplier partnerships
- Negotiate long term agreements / contracts prior to new business mobilisation
- The ability to create strong and credible rapport with key customer decision makers
- Proven track record of profitable new business development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the market place.
- Relevant experience of foodservice.
- Prepare and present effective new business tenders and presentations
- Commercial awareness of what factors influence customer profitability
You will be rewarded with a generous basic salary of up to GBP45,000 (depending on level of experience) + excellent Bonus + Car (or car allowance) and additional company benefits.