Warehouse Worker Night Shift
JOB DESCRIPTION The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-functional production/TPM team
Hours of work will be 42 based around a 5~5~4 shift pattern of 12 hour night shift duration with flexibility of start times dependent on production needs.
Key responsibilities will lie in the following functional areas:
The production of high quality machine made bricks
Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S's housekeeping and environmental management
Operations of a range of machines as part of a multi-skilled team
Ensure areas are inspected / maintained in accordance with local Health & Safety Standards and work within Standard Safe Operating Procedures
To deliver through the process of TPM plant improvement initiatives and continuous improvement
Assist in the development of SSOP's and Risk Assessments.
This is meant as a broad statement of the purpose, scope, duties and responsibilities of the above position.
This list is by no means exhaustive and any reasonable duties would be expected to be carried out upon request.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility.
• Self motivated.
• Numerate & literate.
• Team working attitude.
• Good communication skills.
• High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
• Ability to work as part of a team or on your own.
• Understanding of the brick making processes.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of working in a TPM environment.
• A certified counterbalance driver.
• A certified loading shovel driver.
• A recognised up-skill.
• Computer literate.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
To operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
• Multi functional operation, possibly cross departmental.
• TPM Tools & Techniques inclusive of 5S principles.
• Localised Health and Safety Procedures.
• Localised Environmental Responsibilities.
• Localised up-skilling.