Statutory Accountant (15 Month FTC)
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Statutory Accountant within the Statutory Reporting Finance Team and will be primarily responsible for taking ownership of various statutory entities within the M&G Group.
You will be primarily involved in the production of financial statements and internal monthly reporting for material Group entities. The role focuses on providing balance sheet financial control and working closely with other areas of M&G Finance, ensuring relationships and high service levels are maintained and enhanced.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the preparation of annual statutory accounts in line with accounting standards, encompassing any new accounting frameworks and/or standards for various entities within the M&G Group and liaise with external auditors.
- Provide detective financial control of the UK entities in line with the group framework, to perform reconciliations where the team have responsibility and to review reconciliations from the wider finance department while developing a close working relationship with the wider finance team.
- Monthly postings into accounting system (SUN) as required to form a complete set of accounts.
- To ensure month end reporting is completed in adequate time to produce returns to the regulator and perform quarterly reviews prior to the regulatory returns being completed.
- Ensuring adequate information is received from third parties to meet the disclosure requirements of the entities and the consolidation of the M&G Group results.
- Review and development of processes and procedures to accommodate business changes.
- Providing input from a statutory accounts perspective into projects and implementing proposals.
- Understanding of the relationship between the entities within the M&G Group and the statutory entity drivers.
- Wide ranging ad hoc departmental tasks including exposure to preparing board reports, attending finance meetings and technical projects for new accounting standards.
Experience and/or Skills
You will be a qualified accountant with financial reporting experience, have working knowledge of accounting standards, ability to lead and drive change forward, possess good planning and organisational skills, have excellent attention to detail, good communication skills. You should also have a flexible and adaptable approach, ability to build good relationships internally and externally and work within a team environment as well be client and delivery focussed
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.