IT Infrastructure Manager
1 day left
- Flexible Hours
IT Infrastructure Manager - Leading Commodities Company - Central London
We are a global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and land fuel and are in the top 100 of the Fortune 500 List. We have revenues in excess of $30 Billion, a global footprint of 48 office locations serving over 200 countries and territories, and over 4700 employees based in 25 countries.
Our growing London IT department are now looking for a permanent IT Operations Manager to look after our EMEA region covering approximately 1500 users.
The IT Operations Manager, to be based at the company's Central London office will be a versatile yet consistent, self-motivated, clear thinking, fact-based and to the point professional who is eager to learn and grow within a highly dynamic, collaborative and innovative global management and engineering team. The IT Operations Manager needs to be an inspirational team leader who effectively communicates across cultures and promotes a one-team mindset across teams in a global setting, with a particular focus on the EMEA region. The team is responsible for large complex enterprise system platforms built on industry best practices and leading hardware and software technologies.
- Lead a team of experienced System Engineers, Network Engineers and Database Administrators in EMEA (Currently 4 reports but this is likely to increase)
- Coordinate and manage project initiatives involving office moves, mergers and acquisitions, business units and services expansions, and ensuring the operational functionality of all offices in the region
- Design, implementation, management and support of typical enterprise system technologies (i.e. AD, ADFS, SSO, MFA, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Clustering, DFS, GPO, Print and file shares, WSUS, etc.)
- Demonstrable expertise in at least three of the following platforms:
- Virtualization platforms (VSphere/HyperV)
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Cloud Solutions (O365, Azure AD, Intune, MFA, SSO)
- MS-SQL Server DBA with HA/DR
- Business Application hosting and system management (on premise / in cloud) e.g. Performance tuning & Optimization
- Routing, Switching, and Firewalls (WAN/LAN)
- General expertise with enterprise systems management/monitoring
- General expertise with enterprise and global networks and service providers (MPLS, VoIP, Telecoms, etc.)
- General expertise on Cloud based solutions like AWS, Azure, and others (beneficial)
- General Data Centre Management
- General vendor relations management including contract and statement of work reviews
- Develop, track and manage work in project management and agile methodologies using waterfall, sprints, Kanban, and scrum techniques
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Solid amount of experience in leading highly technical enterprise teams of system and network engineers is desirable.
- Broad understanding of Infrastructure/ Networking
- Team leadership, team development and mentoring / coaching skills using a mixture of soft skills and various tools & methodologies are essential.
- Project management and agile methodologies experience is essential.
- Proven experience in creating and following global strategies by translating them into tactical approaches.
- Expertise at critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Highly creative and innovative technologist that thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation and reporting skills are essential.
Salary - GBP65,000 - GBP80,000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Location - Central London
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.