PICU Sister/Charge Nurse Cardiac
6 days left
- Flexible Hours
About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The 9 bedded Paediatric Intensive Care Unit is provides expertise and technology of the highest standard. The service is provided by a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of Consultant Intensivists, Registrars, Nurses, and allied health professionals including dieticians, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
The unit is able to provide multi-organ support including the latest in cardiac, ventilator and renal replacement technologies. We care for level 2 (high dependency) and level 3 (highest level of 1:1 care) patients within a supportive clinical environment as well as specialising in complex cardiac and surgical cases, the unit provides support for all medical/surgical emergencies within the hospital.
Facilities include the availability of isolation rooms and 24 hour / 7 day support from theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and diagnostic services. The team provides clinical and advisory support for all patients within The Harley Street Clinic ensuring that all patients receive the best possible acute medical care.
As the Sister Charge Nurse PICU (Cardiac), you will provide the highest possible care to patients, while being accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area. This will include the supervision, mentoring and directing junior staff and deputising for Sisters in their absence. You will be expected to be a role model for the team thus enhancing the patient experience, improving patient outcomes and contributing to delivering high standards of care and compassion at all times.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: GBP39174 to GBP45419 per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and more attractive benefits
Hours: Full time, flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days, nights, weekends)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team leadership and staff motivation
- Able to demonstrate good presentation skills
- Able to communicate complex and sensitive information, gain cooperation where required and overcome barriers to understanding
- Able to organise own time and make straightforward plans for task, some of which might be ongoing
- Possess dexterity and coordination needed for the manipulation of IV injections, syringe drivers, volumetric pumps, infusions endotracheal suctioning, insertion of catheters and other similar procedures
- Able to participate in moderate physical effort (moving patients/ equipment with the assistance of manual handling aids) frequently during a shift
- Able to concentrate on work for frequent periods despite interruptions and demands from others
- Able to deal with distressed relatives, care for the terminally ill and deal with emotional consequences of critical/ terminal illness for patients/ relatives
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate tactfully and clearly with all members of the MDT
- Ability to deal with difficult behaviour/ team dynamics
- Able to resolve conflict
Skills & Experience
- RSCN - Sick Children's Nurse with NMC pin (Essential)
- Paediatric Intensive Care qualification (Essential)
- Teaching and mentorship qualification (Essential)
- PILS, EPLS
- Shift lead experience within a Cardiac PICU
- Demonstrate commitment to seamless and consistent high quality care and services
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional training and development
- Track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with all disciplines
- Interest in research and audit
- PICU experience (Essential)