We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking for a Floristry Lecturer (bank) to come and support our team. The successful candidate will join on a bank basis, working as and when required. The pay rate for the role will be £14.44 per hour + £2.99 holiday - £18.86 per hour + £3.90 per hour.
Plumpton College is beginning its next phase of ambitious growth and quality enhancement. With sound finances and a commitment to achieve excellence in all areas. We are currently seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking individual who can thrive in a competitive sector and deliver ambitious targets for growth and quality.
At Plumpton College we are currently looking for bank Floristry Lecturers to join the team to start as soon as possible, to support evening classes and cover colleagues.
More about the Floristry Lecturer role
We are looking to recruit an outstanding lecturer to deliver effective teaching, learning and assessment and support to floristry students to maximise their potential and to make positive progress towards their timely success, future study and employment.
Key responsibilities of our Floristry Lecturer
- As directed by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, plan, prepare, teach, assess, report and monitor to ensure each highly effective lessons to a consistently good or outstanding standard. Share teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) good practice and celebrate students' and others' successes.
- Conduct initial assessments and record within the Student Individual Learning Plan, adapt teaching delivery to meet the requirements of the plan and monitor student progress frequently and report to programme Manager.
- Ensure opportunities are created and realised for students to be able to continuously develop their English and maths skills.
- Prepare and effectively use schemes of work and lesson plans in line with college processes.
- Work as a personal tutor, co-ordinated by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, and engage with student services as required.
- Complete one to one tutorials with students, review and set targets and record progress and outcomes on Pro Monitor or any other agreed format set by the college.
What we're looking for in our Floristry Lecturer
You will be able to inspire and motivate our students and to make a significant contribution to our successful vocational programmes. Ideally the successful candidate will hold a Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry (or equivalent) or a minimum Level 3 qualification, 5 years' industrial experience. The post-holder will require a relevant teaching qualification or be willing to gain a relevant formal qualification in role.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Floristry Lecturer (bank) then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 15th August 2017, 9am
Interviews will be held: w/c 21st August 2017