Lead Formulations Development Chemist / Lab Manager - Horsham, West Su
Lead Formulations Development Chemist / Lab Manager
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Montagne Jeunesse is a UK based Cosmetics company specialising in fast moving, mass market, natural, vegetarian skincare for 30 years with distribution channels in over 85 countries and is now
is looking to hire a Development Chemist / Lab Manager
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Lead Formulation Chemist/Lab Manager based in Horsham and liaising with our colleagues in Port Talbot, who has experience in cosmetics or health and beauty formulations who additionally has management experience.
You will have a creative approach and bring innovative thinking and ideas which will have been demonstrated in previous formulation experience in skin care products, ideally including face masks. Your talent for creating wonderful products which are both effective and attractive to the customer will be matched by your extensive knowledge of raw materials and ingredients. Experience in developing organic or natural products will be particularly beneficial.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will provide formulation expertise to the business and manage all aspects of the lab including:
- Managing all processes, systems and procedures to make sure all formulations are developed within acceptable timeframes, on budget and in total compliance with all regulatory, legislative, company and customer requirements.
- Managing and resolving problems including any development issues, unexpected delays or potential non-compliance issues.
- Ensuring stability testing on new formulations is carried out effectively and correctly and in line with regulatory and production requirements.
- Liaising with marketing on NPD to ensure all claims made on products are correct and in line with regulations.
- Ensuring third party production is carried out correctly in line with all formulations developed and produced.
- Ensuring the database (CREATIVITY) is maintained accurately and regularly updated with details of all formulations and on-going changes.
- Managing the lab team, work flow and processes effectively to ensure work is completed to deadline in line with business priorities, legal requirements such as health and safety, regulatory control and registration of products internationally
- Ensure all regulatory requirements of the CPNP European Regulatory Compliance Database are upheld
- Liaise with customers, regulatory bodies and bulk suppliers in relation to formulation enquiries
- Ensure all administrative processes in the lab are managed effectively, including updating of PIF files and all required records and paperwork is up to date and in line with required guidelines.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level in relevant degree (biology, chemistry, zoology, biochemistry or similar science) or a Diploma or degree in Cosmetic science
- Have proven experience in developing cosmetics and toiletry formulations from first principles through to production
- Have knowledge of UK and European cosmetic legislation and global market regulatory requirements
- Have management experience and the ability to manage own and other work
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety at Work and Good Laboratory Practices
- Have the ability to use computerised information systems to retrieve, update and input all relevant data such as 'Creativity' or similar system
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint
Personally you will have a positive can do approach to work, and a flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities, the ability to organise, manage and plan own and others workload proactively and effectively, good interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise and work with people at all levels and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Whilst based in Horsham occasional travel will be required in the UK visiting suppliers and our Office, based in South Wales.
Please click on the 'Apply' button to send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role stating current salary and expected remuneration for this role.
Montagne Jeunesse International Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all members of the community. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.